Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spinning!


I finally got my spinning wheel back out. I can't tell you how long it had been. I would look longingly at my beautiful wheel and think tomorrow! Quite a few "tomorrows" passed and I finally sat down!

I can't remember what the fiber is as it is a wool blend that my sister bought. However it is dreamy! A very lustrous silky yarn is the result. I navajo plied the yarn and ended up with right about 200 yards of this yummy yarn. It is going back home to my sister and I am excited to jump back into spinning more.

Unfortunately I have some knitting that is in the front of the queue. A baby sweater, hat, cowl, and socks need to jump off my needles before I progress with any other projects get the front seat. The above are all samples I need to knit for my classes and I really would like them done before Thanksgiving. I want to be able to enjoy the holidays without them hanging over me :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks perfect! I'm sure she will be excited to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I cannot wait to feel/squish/knit this yarn. Thank you so much for spinning it for me :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete