Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas come and gone

We had a great Christmas! Lots of family, noise, and fun! I hope your was the same!!

I did finish a project just in the nick of time. Grinch pajama's for my boys. When this fabric had come into the shop I knew that I had to have some!! I machine appliquéd the shirts and the bottoms are cozy flannel. This project was definitely fast and easy especially getting to use my serger on the pants. The Grinch ended up being one of the boys favorite books and movies this year :)

Please excuse the sleepy goofy faces.....

I have been saving all my tiny scraps and batting scraps to make a bed for Oakley. This is the result! It's cozy minky fabric but it sure was crazy cutting it! It shedding all over the place, I was very glad to use my serger on it as well. All in all it was a 30 min project tops!!


My grandmother (who is 87 and soon to be 88!) just finished this wall hanging! It is a good 30" in diameter and she said it's the biggest doily that she's ever made. I love seeing it on her wall and just thought it would be cool to share. I feel lucky to come from some pretty talented women!


Please excuse the photo quality! We have so little daylight right now and trying to wait for the right lighting is just impossible for me right now!

1 comment: