Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day


We had an amazing day as a family yesterday. I would say it was even a mini vacation. We walked down through Kincaid Park taking a side trail instead of the coastal trail (which was much easier as a result of little kiddos and lots of dogs) to get to the beach on the other side. It was paradise out on the beach. It was 70* and there was just enough of a breeze that to keep my skin feeling fresh and the bugs away. I could have sat there all day watching  the kids and dogs. I had packed a picnic lunch to share with my family and it was so good to eat out in the sunshine. After several hours enjoying the sunshine we hiked back and headed back to the house for a quick break before meeting at my parents house for burgers and root beer floats. I can't imagine that the day could have been better!

I think Noah had some bug in his hand lol


Beka and John and the poodles (Aero is the one hiding on the edge)

Corbin was very excited to get to use the sand bucket my Mom had brought

The Sun was BRIGHT! 
Dad, Mom, and Beka enjoying lunch 

Willow was watching Oakley, John, and Corbin

Noah found a jawbone and was digging with it.


It was HOT on the hike back, the boys started running out of steam

Dad was sleeping, the poodles were piled, so were the kids, and we enjoyed our root beer (or orange!) floats.

1 comment: