Monday, April 12, 2010

Skew


Woo! These socks were a FUN and FAST knit! I got the first one done in under 48 hours (not straight knitting time, but I cast on the evening of my birthday and cast off two evenings later). I took a few days off to spin and then picked the second one back up this morning. Seriously satisfying and exciting. The pattern is so unique and the fit is really great, they totally hug my feet and are so comfortable to wear (and they are the same length for some reason the left looks longer above, but it really isn't).

If you can't already tell I am totally in love with these! I used some precious Wollmeise yarn that had been gifted to me and was waiting for the perfect pattern. I think it worked out perfectly! I still have enough yarn left for a pair of ankle socks, so that is pretty exciting too. This was my first time knitting with Wollmeise and I can see why everyone loves it so much. The colors are so saturated and the construction of the yarn seems very durable and I think the socks will hold up very well.

Now I have to cast on the second flip flop sock that I am making for John. I am being a big baby about it, but I really don't feel like knitting it. It's worsted weight and should theoretically take between 4-6 hours, so it shouldn't be a big deal and he really wants them....but I am still not feeling it. I think when we sit down to watch a movie tonight I am just going to do it! Especially since I have some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece winging it's way to me to become a Que Sera...I know I will want to cast on the second it's in the door and I don't want anything in my way!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That is a crazy pattern! In a good way of course :) can't wait to see them in person...oh tomorrow might not work for dropping off sewing machine :( I forgot I have a geology test wesnesday and I really need to study for it, plus I have to drop off Steve with all his gear and I have class at 11:30. But I'll keep you posted. Lovee!

    ReplyDelete