Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A New Leaf or branch??

The past couple of days have been filled with thoughts for the outdoors. The whole family is now outfitted with bikes (or the trailer) and we have gone out twice out of three days! My bike has to have some modifications made to be able to pull the Chariot (doh! Would have helped had I checked for the quick release rear tire before buying! John is in the garage installing a new axle on it and it has been cool to how a bike comes apart. Hopefully it will be ready to go for me tomorrow. Today's ride was pretty intense (for me) and there were a lot a rather large hills involved! I made it though and it really gave me the confidence that this is going to work! I have decided that rather than focus on weight, or eating (as in regimented diet and exercise) that I am going to try to really change my lifestyle. I need/have to take better care of myself and I need to have fun doing it. So rain or shine my bike and I will have a daily date!

In other news our backyard is almost completely free of snow and is even getting close to being dry. So Hubby headed out to trim all the trees. One was a real problem as much of it's branches were laying on the house, encouraging moss to grow. So he trimmed that tree way back and then using his chainsaw also took down many of the lower branches on the rest of the trees! It was fun puttering around out there with him and I can't wait for more time out there! It will be our first summer at this house and it's going to be great!



I also discovered some bulbs coming up! There are definitely some tulips as well as these! I am not sure what they are but they totally made my day! I know the pics a little fuzzy, but you get the idea :)


No comments:

Post a Comment