Friday, July 2, 2010

Family

I have a great family and am lucky enough to live close to them.

Today I had lunch with my mom and then helped clean out her office. It turned out to be much more entertaining than expected. We found some amazing letters and journals. Including a journal of my great grandmother's from 1973 & 1975, it was crazy to hear my mother talked about as a teenager and to hear her speak of sewing maternity clothes for an aunt of mine. We also found a letter my mom had written to a friend that had mailed it back after twenty years. It was written when she was 16 and it was pretty funny! I biked home feeling really lucky for the loving family that surrounds me.

Oh, and today is my parents 33rd anniversary!! Way to go Mom and Dad!! You are an amazing inspiration :)

1 comment:

  1. Sound pretty interesting! Glad you guys had fun together :)

    ReplyDelete