Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Etsy Art

Today I would like to feature one of my favorite shops on Etsy.

Katie m. Berggren art & design


She does some of the most amazing intimate and heartfelt artwork that I have ever seen. I ordered one of her prints as a gift for our midwives after the birth of my son Noah. I really am hoping that I will get another print for myself for mothers day. Artists like Katie do such an awesome job capturing the complex and intense bonds of family. When I received her package in the mail I was inspired as to how well it was packaged and the professional nature of materials and information included. I am hoping that we will be able to bring by her print to the midwives tomorrow and I just know that it will be a beautiful addition to the birth center and I hope it is an inspiration to them and the new and growing families that will see it there.

Alaska has been in the middle of a cold snap and it is wearing very thin. Supposedly it should be over Friday or so but I think I have heard "it should be warming up in the next couple of days" at least three times now in the last 2 1/2 weeks or so! Which reminds me, I need to go plug in my car - negative 12 degrees is not kind to my engine.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Kelsey!! I appreciate the post and I am so glad you love Love Affair!
    Sincerely,
    Katie m. Berggren
    see new paintings at http://www.kmberggren.com

    ReplyDelete