Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Target

I wanted to get out of the house today, so thinking of a few things I needed decided I might as well drive the extra distance out there. I easily found what I needed and made my way over to the clearance aisle of baby related items (which my sister had told me about) and found the exact carseat that I had been looking at getting for Noah for 50% off. They had four. So I called my Mom (she has been on the hunt for a convertible carseat for having in her vehicle) and She wanted one too. So with some struggle (I was wearing Noah on my hip in a sling and he was asleep) I got the monster carseat in the cart. I realised then that the second one would not fit. With an inward groan I realised I was going to have to make a trip out to the car and come back with the kids again to purchase the second.

When I got to the cash register I decided to just ask the crazy question of whether they would mind helping. Not only did they run back with a different cart to get me the second car seat, they sat with both my carts while I pulled up the car and then loaded everything in for me. Without ever grimacing or acting put out. It was amazing! This is the kind of thing that makes a customer for life.

My new yarn is all dry I am in love (so far ;) I have a miniskein that I will be test knitting into a cowl, so more info on that soon.

I got quite a bit of knitting done on the mittens considering all the other things I have done today. I am just a few rows away from doing the thumb gusset. So I am fairly confident of my ability to finish. Though it took all my will power not to cast on the aforementioned cowl.

Oh and I got to be a pin cusion for hubby, he has an EMT III class coming up and has been wanting to brush up on his IV skills. Luckily for him needles don't bother me!

Off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment